Thursday, October 14, 2010

Deadlines by end of 2010!

For the past few weeks, I haven't been in ease as I realize that this semester has almost come to an end, meaning this is the time I'm in my rambut gerbang mode.....if you're wondering what that means, well, it means that it is the time that I don't have time to manage myself....such as like after I take a shower, I don't even have the time to comb my hair which later I will end up looking like Lion King.....as long as I get my work done...haha! so the next time whenever I say rambut gerbang mode, you'll know what I mean....:P

So for this sem, as I am taking Research Foundation & Dissertation, my submissions are (based on what my coursemates informed me since I was absent last week coz i wasn't feeling well huhu) ;


29th October 2010
  •  Research proposal
  •  not more than 10 pages
  • before 6 pm!
  • upload via Moodle


Sometime early November * Starting second week of Nov
  • Research proposal presentation
  • for 20-30 minutes....alone!
  • There will be four panels that comprise of the Professor who conducts this subject, another panel who is a Professor expertise in the major we're in/ field of study for our project and the other two are our classmates. * Correction: Only two panels, Prof and another Prof from our research domain
  • Need to prepare two hard copies of the Proposal for the panels


Before January 2011
  • Submit Progress Report for my dissertation
  • My target : at least to do half of Chapter 2....a bit of Chapter 3....yikes, will I achieve it????!!!
  • Plus, haven't seen my supervisor for such a long time...do you think she 'misses' me? yikes!


In case, any of you are wondering, this is my outline for the Research Proposal (i doubt how many people actually read this blog but for those who are interested, I feel appreciated, Thank You!...hehehe)

  • INTRODUCTION
  • PROBLEM STATEMENT
  • OBJECTIVE OF RESEARCH
  • LITERATURE REVIEW
  • PROPOSED SOLUTION
  • CONCLUSION

I'm just starting my Literature Review but my report has already reached 7 pages...I will try my best to organize the structure again coz I think I wrote too much for the introduction, Prof did stress out that he wants not more than 10 pages for the proposal....huhuhu.....from what I know, the Objective of Research, Literature Review and Proposed Solution...also the Conclusion are the main highlights that needs to be emphasize and convincing.

Any Suggestions or Inquiries, feel free to voice out! 

=)

2 comments:

  1. Hi,

    Thanks for sharing. At the moment, I also rambut gerbang. Hehe!

    My outline is much longer than yours:

    Introduction
    Problem Statement
    Aim and objectives
    Scope and limitation
    Literature Review
    Research Methodology
    Milestones
    Conclusion
    Reference

    I don't think you should put so much in the intro as it only helps to lead you to the problem and then to your LR and how you want to solve your problem. I also think research methodology is important as many assessor want to look into that to see how you are to achieve what you said you want to achieve.

    Let's work together. All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jennifer,

    Thank you for dropping by! =)

    I notice you follow the comprehensive proposal style, I remember he gave us two ways of preparing it. Thank you for your suggestion,I will also try to include some of the ones from your suggestion if I still have the time.

    Hopefully, need to work more on it during this weekend. At least get it done by next week so the following week we can revise what we wrote.

    for the milestone, you just agak agak when to compete each part?

    About the Intro, I think I should just briefly explain then all those definitions will come in the LR....i think it's the right way instead of telling everything in the intro.... T__T

    I actually took some parts from my ISDP report but I will refine it with more info and a more organize explanation...

    Yes let's work hard together. Just a bit more for this sem then after this we don't have to think about class assignments, we can only focus on our thesis....:)

    ReplyDelete