Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Chapter Two topics

Wow haven't update this blog for such a long time............

Currently, I am preparing Chapter Two for my thesis and this is what I would like to include after having discussed with my SV ;


                  2.1 Value Terms

                 2.2 Why value Value?

                 2.3 Values in IS discipline
                        - Difference between values in IS and IT

                 2.4 The Dimensions of Values in IS

                 2.5 Relationship between Value and IS success

                 2.6 Values brought by Student Portal 

                 2.7 Values in UMSISWEB University Malaya



Ok now that I have clear understanding and I can see it's a lot of work to be done in a limited time!!!!

I really hope I can manage to finish all of it by mid of this year..... huhu....

I will try my best to complete this chapter by March, at the same time doing my Chapter 3....

The other day,  I asked one of my coursemate regarding how many Chapters should be done and he said most people did 6 chapters minimum and some did more than that.

Moreover, if I wanted to attend the 2012 Convocation in August, I should submit my work approximately 8 months earlier (to be on the safe side) because correction for thesis takes 7 months at the most and 5 months at the least (Depends on how many corrections you have to redo and also your luck!)

After thinking back, the registration for Convocation will take place sometime between March - May 2012 and after the deadline, you won't be able to register it again and have to attend convocation in 2013 (NO!!!)

so to avoid that...................

I have to submit my thesis by approximately between July to Sept 2010, earlier would be better, in order to make it for the convocation registration and convocation sometime in August 2012.

I really have to put my determination into this since I really want to finish off my study as soon as possible!!!


SO LET'S START WORKING!!!!


2 comments:

  1. Whoa! Your chapter 2 looks impressive. Good that you have some outline now. I'm sure you can write it well and complete your dissertation on time. Unlike me, I don't think I can meet your due date. Sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny,

    This is just my plan but I don't know if I can finish it as scheduled. huhu

    You can do it Jenny, just start writing now what you have in mind.....all your ideas.... later you might not even realize you've written a lot.Don't worry about the language too much because normally we can send our thesis for Proof reading service at the Language Faculty, someone there will check the way of writing for us. That's what Mohammed told me.

    Just like a Malay saying: "Sikit sikit, Lama Lama jadi bukit"

    :)

    ReplyDelete